Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation is seeking a reliable Trades Assistant for their Construction work area.
We are currently recruiting for opportunities for Trade Assistants to gain valuable experience in our Mechanics workshop.
This role is physically demanding and requires manual handling and attention to detail.
Local residents from Tennant Creek and surrounding areas are strongly encouraged to apply as Julalikiari Council Aboriginal Corporation is focused on employing local talent and having a positive impact on the community.
You will have:
- Demonstrated understanding of maintenance / operational requirements of plant and equipment and willingness to undertake minor maintenance activities and replacement of consumables.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively while unsupervised and as a team member.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to comply with Workplace Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental legislation and plan requirements.
- Able to follow precise instructions.
- Basic reading and writing skills, including the ability to fill in forms and documentation
- Basic understanding and knowledge of information technology practices, including the ability to use email and mobile phone.
- Good communications skills.
- Punctual and reliable approach to work hours.
- Willingness and ability to work away from home, in a work camp situation.
- Construction Induction Certificate (White Card)
Reporting and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Construction Supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Working alongside Tradesmen on-site
- Have the ability for heavy labour intensive work
- Confident with use of power tools
- Experience on a construction site
- Ability to take instructions
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Must hold Construction Induction Card
- Previous experience in workshop environment
Please note any offer of employment will be subject to:
- A satisfactory National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- 6-month probationary period
31 January 2020
Human Resources Officer
Tel: 08 8962 2699