About the Position
Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation (JCAC) has an exciting opportunity for a Community Patrol Manager to join our dedicated Tennant Creek team. In this vital role, you will manage a team of 12-15 employees from Day Patrol, Youth Patrol and Night Patrol and administer the JCAC Community Patrol services in accordance with JCAC’s Vision, Mission Statement and all relevant Service Funding Agreements.
JCAC is an Aboriginal Community Controlled service organisation governed by an elected Board of Directors (representing the Aboriginal Community of Tennant Creek). JCAC’s objectives directs the operations of the organisation to relieve the poverty, sickness, destitution, distress, suffering, misfortune and helplessness of Aboriginal people in Tennant Creek and the Barkly Region.
JCAC has a deep commitment to Aboriginal participation in the design and delivery of its programs and services. This has helped JCAC pioneer the design and delivery of many programs, which are now adopted by governments and other Aboriginal service providers across Australia.
- Provide leadership to ensure all Community Patrol services are operating efficiently and within budget;
- Regularly manage and report on all issues, activities and negotiations within the community regarding Community Patrol service programs;
- Ensure all JCAC policies and procedures are implemented;
- Coordinate with other JCAC programs and external agencies in relation to program activities;
- Develop plans and priorities with JCAC for future activities and services;
- Perform various Human Resource-related tasks within the Community Patrol services including staff performance appraisals, recruitment, training and reviewing of Job Descriptions; and
- Ensure all Community Patrol services and staff are fully informed of JCAC’s Work Health and Safety obligations.
A demonstrated understanding of staff management, Aboriginal culture and history, as well as cross-cultural communication principles in an Aboriginal context, is essential.
A competitive salary of $90,000 p.a is offered with additional benefits including:
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Salary Sacrifice; and
- Relocation assistance.
This is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Identified Position
How to apply
Applications should consist of a cover letter summarising your suitability to the position and addressing the Selection Criteria listed on the Job Description, along with a detailed Resume/CV, including references.
Send your application via email to HR@Julalikari.com.au
Applications close on Friday 24 July 2020.