The Community Patrol Section is at the heart of Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation community support program.
This position will have the opportunity to further develop your skills and performance in community engagement and support.
The Work undertaken in this role can be demanding and applicants are required to have, good verbal and written communication as well as supervision skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
You will have:
- An ability to prioritise, organise and complete tasks within specific timeframes.
- An ability to work in a team environment or individually as required.
- Sound computer literacy.
- Sound knowledge of administrative systems and procedures.
- Good written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with a diverse range of people.
Report and Responsibilities:
- Support and coordinate members of the Community Patrol Team to respond to the needs of community members requiring support and safety.
- Work with community members to prevent disturbances happening.
- Coordinate building and motor vehicle cleaning.
- Work to keep a cooperative, safe and healthy work environment.
- Liaise with Police, Hospital, Women’s Refuge and other services as required.
- Accurate Data collection and entry of statistics.
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the Community Patrols Manager.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Sound computer literacy;
- Good communication skills with experience dealing with ATSI people;
- Ability to negotiate, mediate and find resolution to conflict abd social issues;
- An ability to undertake further studies; and
- Good time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in a leadership role;
- First Aid Certificate;
- Aboriginal Mental Health First Aid Certificate / Youth Aboriginal Mental Health First Aid Certificate; and
- Previous experience working with Night Patrol.
Please note any offer of employment will be subject to:
- A satisfactory National Police Check; and
- A Working with Children Check.
Fulltime – 38h/week
EBA 6.1 – 6.4
5 weeks Annual Leave
6 May 2021
All applications must be emailed to HR@Julalikari.com.au with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (both essential and desirable)