Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation is seeking 1 male and 1 female community members to fill the position of Day Patroller within the Tennant Creek Township. The successful applicants will need to be motivated and empowered to achieve success through support and persistence.
These part-time positions will work Monday to Friday to improve the level of community safety, promote culturally appropriate conflict and dispute resolution in line with community safety priorities, this includes reporting identified at risk of harm. Applicants must show a commitment to support families and provide referrals to appropriate support services is essential to the success of this position.
Tasks will include:
- Daily engagement with all community members identified as “at risk”
- Maintaining engagement and service data base
- Referrals to appropriate support services
- Working with families to reduce and eliminate potential and harmful behaviours
- Ongoing support for families and support services.
- C Class Driver’s License
- Understanding of kinship relationships and family connections
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card) or ability to acquire
- Pass a National Police Check
- A willingness to undertake studies
- Cert III in Children/Community Services
- Previous experience in working with families and/or people at risk.
Applications Close 22 September 2021
All applications must include a coversheet addressing the selection criteria.