Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation (JCAC) is one of the largest Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations in Australia, with a history stretching back more than 30 years, Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation has a long and proud record of community service delivery in Tennant Creek and the broader Barkly region.
The Corporation’s mission is to promote sustainable economic and social development in communities through individual and community achievement.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Based in Tennant Creek, this opportunity offers an ongoing full-time position (subject to funding)
- This exciting new position will be responsible for establishing and implementing recently funded programs that aim to support families across the Barkly Region. Programs include (but are not limited to) Family Support Services (formerly the Intensive Family Parenting Support Program), and the Aboriginal Out of Home Carer Service (Kinship Care Program). These services will be established in locations including Tennant Creek, Elliott and Ali Curung.
- The Manager will work strategically with both internal and external stakeholders to create synergies across program areas, building strong relationships with the community and other service providers to streamline access for families.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee the design, implementation and management of Julalikari’s Family Support Services
- Oversee the management of the Aboriginal Carer Service (Kinship Care) Program
- Work with team to develop best-practice approaches to support families across the Barkly to grow up safe and healthy children
- Manage external stakeholder relationships
- Consult with the community and other stakeholders to inform program design and delivery
- Collect, analyse and report on program data
- Organise various training for staff across multiple disciplines to build their capacity to deliver quality programs
- Develop professional standards and procedures to apply in the workplace
- Provide written and verbal reports to the Executive Manager and Board, as requested
- Support staff to comply with OH&S standards
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Tertiary qualifications to Degree level in Social Work, Community Development, Human Services, Management or another related field and/or extensive experience – 5 years plus experience in a position of a similar level and scope
- Demonstrated experience in providing a range of interventions to vulnerable families
- Proven administration skills including the ability to analyse and interpret service related data, complete administrative and document preparation in an efficient, timely and accurate manner;
- The ability to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- High level computer literacy and familiarity with various software programs
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Proven ability to develop monitoring and evaluation systems and to collect data across various programs
- Experience working in cross-cultural environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of Community Controlled Aboriginal Organisations
- Working with Children’s Clearance or an ability to obtain one.
- Current National Police Clearance or an ability to obtain one; and
- Current Drivers’ licence
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal people in remote locations
- Significant experience in a similar role, preferably in the community sector
At JCAC we understand that our team is our biggest asset.
- Salary packaging options to maximise your earnings
- Working with an enthusiastic and dynamic team
- Professional development opportunities
Please send all Resumes/CV’s to email@example.com with a covering letter addressing the Essential Criteria. Application close 17th October 2021