Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation (JCAC) is one of the largest Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations in Australia, with a history stretching back more than 30 years, Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation has a long and proud record of community service delivery in Tennant Creek and the broader Barkly region.
The Corporation’s mission is to promote sustainable economic and social development in communities through individual and community achievement.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Based in Tennant Creek, this opportunity offers an ongoing full-time position (subject to funding)
- This is an exciting leadership opportunity to contribute to service excellence in the provision of aged care and disability services for people living in the community of Tennant Creek. The Aged Care and Disability Service Manager is responsible for all aspects of staff management and leadership, to coach and build a strong team focused on delivering the services consistent with the Aged Care and Disability Quality Standards.
- As a qualified and experienced professional you understand the need to ensure financially sustainable growth through service excellence and will lead the provision of an innovative service framework that fulfils all quality standards whilst maintaining the culture and values of JCAC.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead, train, coach, support and develop a high performing aged care service team
- Provide person centred care, assessment, care planning and case management support to clients under the Commonwealth Home Support Program, Home Care Packages, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and Disability in Home Support.
- Investigate and successfully resolve disputes, complaints and risk incidents in a timely manner
- Adhere to and support our business strategy by developing strong collaboration across levels of leadership
- Manage operational budgets and expenditure
- Conduct personal care need assessments; develop service agreements with clients; develop client care plans; undertake quality audits of delivery of care against the Quality Standards
- Manage external stakeholder relationships
- Provide written and verbal reports to the Executive Manager and Board, as requested
- Support staff to comply with OH&S standards
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Hold a Bachelor Degree in Nursing/Health Science/Social Science/Allied Health or equivalent qualification and/or have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in delivering aged care, disability services or community health services;
- Understanding and demonstration of genuine respect for and appreciation of the value of older people to our community and a preparedness to defend their dignity and rights;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in people leadership and commercial acumen and have strong sector knowledge of the Disability or Aged Care industry;
- Experience in supervising the work of operational managers who report to you, with the capacity to coach and develop their capability to supervise high quality care delivery by care worker teams;
- ability to develop productive relationships at all levels within the organisation and wider community, as well as networks with representatives of external organisations;
- Proven administration skills including the ability to analyse and interpret service related data, complete administrative and document preparation in an efficient, timely and accurate manner;
- The ability to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- High level computer literacy and familiarity with various software programs
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19.
- Current National Police Clearance or an ability to obtain one; and
- Current Drivers’ licence
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal people in remote locations
- Advanced knowledge of and familiarity working with the Commonwealth Aged Care Quality Standards
- Knowledge of the NDIS
At JCAC we understand that our team is our biggest asset. Benefits include:
- Salary packaging options to maximise your earnings
- Working with an enthusiastic and dynamic team
- Professional development opportunities
Please send all Resumes/CV’s to email@example.com with a covering letter addressing the Essential Criteria. Applications close 17th October 2021