Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation (JCAC) is one of the largest Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations in Australia, with a history stretching back more than 30 years, Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation has a long and proud record of community service delivery in Tennant Creek and the broader Barkly region.
The Corporation’s mission is to promote sustainable economic and social development in communities through individual and community achievement.
- This exciting position will be responsible for providing professional HR support in the areas of HR Administration, recruitment, performance management. employee relations, training analysis and HR reporting across the organisation.
- The Human Resources Officer will work with management and staff to create synergies across program areas, build strong relationships and support professional development within the teams.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support, advice and assistance to management and staff on a range of Workforce Relations matters including legislative interpretation and terms and conditions of employment.
- Manage a range of HR projects and initiatives which support the team in the delivery of best practice Human Resource services.
- Research and prepare correspondence and reports on HR matters.
- Assist the Senior Officers with less complex case management and early intervention advice and services.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Cert IV Human Resources or a willingness to attain
- Working knowledge of policies, procedures and business processes relating to NT employment and training legislations, as well as Modern Awards, the NES and Fair Work legislation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence outcomes.
- Strong customer service focus
- High level computer literacy skills with experience using the Microsoft Office Suite of programs, and knowledge of, or experience using, a HRIS and Records Management system.
- Experience in planning, organising, prioritising and co-ordinating own workloads in a high volume and frequently changing environment.
- An ability to develop and establish efficient administrative processes and be proactive in initiating and implementing solutions
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competence and understanding of the issues affecting Indigenous people
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously or as a member of a dynamic team
- Ability to exercise initiative and meet deadlines
- Experience in reading, interpreting and advising on enterprise agreements
- Current NT driver’s license or an ability to obtain one
- Current National Police Clearance or an ability to obtain one
- Working with Children’s Clearance or an ability to obtain one.
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Prior Payroll processing experience, and / or prior experience in a Training environment.
- Previous experience working or living within an Indigenous setting and ability to demonstrate a high level of cross-cultural awareness in the workplace.
- Awareness of issues affecting Indigenous people to ensure effective participation in a cross-cultural environment
At JCAC we understand that our team is our biggest asset.
- Salary packaging options to maximise your earnings
- Working with an enthusiastic and dynamic team
- Professional development opportunities
Please send all Resumes/CV’s to HR@Julalikari.com.au with a covering letter addressing the Essential Criteria.
Application close 2 December 2021