This role is the first point of contact for general enquiries and customer service at the Nyinkka Nyunyu Art and Culture Centre. It also provides the overall administrative support, including answering phones, managing records, ordering supplies, drafting quotes and invoices.
- Greet guests upon entry and providing excellent customer service.
- Point of sale for retail shop
- Keep records of visits, sales, and other operational data.
- Process incoming/outgoing invoices and provide to the finance department for payment.
- Assist the Centre to prepare quotes for items to be purchased.
- Answer phones, reply to emails and handle walk-in enquiries.
- Assist the Centre with ordering supplies.
- Maintain a filing system.
- Maintain office security and control access.
- Keep retail space, gallery, outdoor areas and facilities in a clean and well-maintained condition.
- Other reasonable duties as directed by Cultural Programs and Arts Centre Manager.
- Previous experience in a similar retail administration role.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, Word and Excel in particular, with word processing and data entry skills.
- Sound knowledge of administrative systems and procedures or an ability to quickly learn.
- Sound written communication skills with good attention to detail.
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with a diverse range of people.
- An ability to prioritise, organise and complete tasks within specific timeframes.
- An ability to work in a team environment or individually if required.
- A current Drivers Licence or an ability to acquire.
- A current National Police Certificate and a current Ochre Card (Working with Children) or an ability to acquire.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Kate Riethmuller at firstname.lastname@example.org