Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation
Tennant Creek, NT
Customer Service – Customer Facing
$50,000 – $59,999 Part time
Tennant Creek Funerals is a new funeral directing provider based in Tennant Creek, whose mission is to provide a well-managed, culturally appropriate and financially accessible funeral service to all people across the Barkly Region.
Tennant Creek Funerals has been created by two key stakeholder organisations, Contrecoup Aboriginal Investment Corporation (Centrecorp) and Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation (JCAC), who will provide ongoing financial management and governance oversight to the venture.
Tennant Creek Funerals is now looking to recruit an enthusiastic, hardworking and experienced Funeral Assistant to support the business operations.
The role of the Funeral Assistant will be to provide general support to the Funeral Director as follows:
- Assist the Funeral Director in liaising with families to arrange funerals.
- Meet and greet all visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Answering the phone and taking messages if required.
- Undertake routine administrative tasks including invoicing, receipting and banking.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assisting with the coordination of Tennant Creek Funerals and travel.
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies(stationery, kitchen & bathroom).
- Other clerical duties as requested i.e. filing, housekeeping.
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining the facility, vehicles and equipment to ensure neat and professional presentation of Tennant Creek Funerals assets at all times.
- Support the Funeral Director with marketing and communications activities.
Required Skills & Experience
In addition to having funeral industry experience, the successful applicant will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with diversity of clients, visitors and stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy, sensitivity and understanding.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong customer service ethic.
- Community mindedness.
- An awareness and understanding of Aboriginal culture.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while maintaining confidentiality always.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload while having a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills including experience with Microsoft suite and MYOB or other similar accounting package.
- A full driver’s licence.
Weekday business hours of Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 3pm will apply to the role.
In addition, given the fluctuating demand associated with funeral service,a reasonable levelof afterhours may be required so a willingness to be flexible is advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
For the right person, this role has the scope to expand and grow. Being a funeral assistant is an intrinsically rewarding role, assisting families to plan and conduct a funeral is gratifying. In addition to this, you will be working as part of a small team where your ideas and input is encouraged, and you are empowered to guide and shape the business that you work within. A competitive salary is offered too.
Please apply with a CV and Cover letter, through seek after looking at our websites at www.julalikari.com.au OR email firstname.lastname@example.org